Saturday, October 25, 2003

It’s Saturday and I’ve been reading The Things They Carried. One book, one Chicago, yo. Props to Mrs. Edler for making us read it; the book is heading for my list of my top ten all time favorite books. Among those classics are Breakfast of Champions, Fight Club, and Punk is a Four Letter Word.

Anyway, the book is adding to my melancholy mood, I’ve had one all day. I think the weather is a factor in this and so is the fact that I awoke today with a headache. I burned myself a “Best of Ska” CD, in hopes that it would lighten my mood, but it was no use. I think I’m gonna go put on the Oil Comp and add to the sadness.

There’s a party going down tonight, and I really don’t feel like going; seeing a bunch of people I hardly know. Don’t get me wrong, they’re all top-notch folks, but, I don’t know, I’m just not into it.

I think I’m gonna head to Borders with a notebook and a pen and just sit and watch people and write about them. Just sit and write until closing. I hate sad Saturdays. Gil out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home