Saturday, October 18, 2003

Saturday, blah blah blah, wish it was the Fourth of July…

Gil here. I picked up Evil Dead Dos on DVD for Film Club’s showing on Thursday this morning and just finished viewing it with the commentary, good stuff. Bruce Campbell is the man, he even uses one liners in the commentary. “Bet he’s a little light headed.” A-ha-ha. Man that movie rocks.

Speaking of rocks, you know who else rocks? The Queers. And the Ramones. Awesome.

I’m still working on this whole blog thingy. I think it needs a name change. Any ideas? Me neither. “Blogs of Tone” definitely sucks though. I also need something to blog about. There are no new albums out that I could review or anything, so… well, I guess I could tell everyone to go buy the newer Lawrence Arms album, it is pretty great.

Oh, yeah, it’s Sweetest Day too. So, of course, in honor of this stupid corporate holiday, here is a little love poem written by my boys, the Dead Milkmen (who, by the way, have a new record out that I need to get, “Now We are 20”):

Know that it would be untre,
Know that it would be a lie,
If I was to say to you
I didn’t set your house on fire!
But that’s just the way I am,
Have to take it as a fact,
Life can really burn you up,
When you’re a pyromaniac!

So, if you love somebody,
God, you’d better,
Set them on fire!

Word. -Gil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home