Monday, November 10, 2003

So I'll let you know, if you need somewhere to go, I'll be listening when you call and I'll be there if you fall off. If you need someone to believe in you, I'll let you know I will.

Less than Jake - The Brightest Bulb has Burned Out

Brrr. Coldness. Woo, Kiaros Par-tay tonight. Woo. I went and saw "Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind" last night. That's 30 plays in 60 minutes. They only finished 28. Oh well. The ones they performed were great, some funny, some serious, and one that made me think. The clear winners were "The Fabulous Halloween Piss Parade," "If a Play Happens in the State Park And No One Is Around To Watch It, Is It Still Art?," Warning Label Theater Presents: Bathroom Products from Hell," "Insert Sadistic Maniacal Laughter Here," "Neo-Futurist Chloe Johnston is So Talented I Could Watch Her Read A Phonebook," "A Monk and A Seven Year Old Walk Into A Piano Bar," "Food Fight," and "The New Fall Lineup..."

"'Too Much Light...' is experimental theater at it's best." - Some Jerk. They are so right, I love that show. Yeah, experimental theater. Betcha didn't know I was all cultured and shit, didja? Yeah, well, I am. Oh, man, it was so funny. "Warning Label Theater..." was awesome, "Discontinue! Discontinue! Discontinue if rash appears!" "It put's the pea size dab of toothpaste on the brush and places it in the basket!" "The New Fall Lineup..." was right on the mark, "What a hip soundtrack!" I love "The Fabulous Halloween...," "Oh, Halloween's for picks, and for kids, and for geeks..." And "A Monk and a Seven Yearold Walk Into A Piano Bar" was very, I guess the word is moving, but going to a CAtholic School I think it just ment something more.

Of course, as is everything in my life, the night had some weirdass things too. I went with my friend Kristin, right? Well before the show starts we're talking about American Girl, that thing where you can dress up like your doll, and we get inside the theater and look at our menu. number 14 is called "American Girl Place." It's all about how stupid "American Girl" is, and it was really bizzare, we were just talking about it. The second crazy thing to happen was that one of the Neo-Futurists looked just like Kristin. I discussed this with her after the show and she agreed 100%. I checked the menu and it turns out that the Neo-Futurist we were talking about was named Kristie! Not only that but Kristie K! It was scary. I think that that must be Kristin in the future, like she some how got transported back here from the future and took a job in "Too Much Light." Don't talk about it, though, cause the universe might colapse.

Yeah, good times. That's about it. Oh, my name is now Sucka' cause that's what the Neo-Futurist's gave me when I went in.

-Gil

PS. Molly, if you read this, do not freak out. The Neo-Futurist's are a group of actors, not some cult or communists. The name is a joke, neo meaning new... get it? Anyway, it was just a play, it was funny, don't think I'm some weirdo. Okay? Okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home