Sunday, February 15, 2004

DANGER: ROCK SCIENCE!

Ah, last night, a night that I shall remember for a long, long time. I saw quite possibly the single best band that I have never heard of. They were called Menthol and they rocked. Hard. I witnessed an okay emo band (It was Valentine's Day), and then Menthol took the stage. They had Elvis Costello on the synth, and guitar and bass, and drums. And they synth starts up and the lead singer begins to sing. And it was awesome. It was like listening to a combo of DEVO, the Dis Plan, the Darkness, and a hella lot of other bands rolled into one. They were funny, serious, and just plain great. I don't know how to explain it, I couldn't stop smiling. They winning track was Danger: Rock Science! and boy, is it just that. This band played perfectly. It was like listening to an album. No screw ups, no feed back, perfectly timed drums, synth, and guitar. Tim Marco bought the last copy of their CD, but, have no fear, I shall have one on Tuesday, and I'll be damned if I don't make everyone I know listen to it. Everyone needs to hear this band, they are just that good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home