Thursday, March 11, 2004

5~!

Oh, I need out of this place.

"Are you gonna go see the Passion?"
"I don't think so. What? Are you mad that I wont?"
"Yeah, a little."
"Why?"
"I think you should go see it."
"Why?"
"Because it's your religion."

Oh, Lord have mercy on me. This is why I cannot stand living in this town. My mom told me she wont let my brother join Film Club next year because we view films (FILMS mind you) like "One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest." Gee, you wouldn't want to to become cultured or something would you? And then to compare "The Passion" to a religion. Uh, hate to break it to everyone, but IT'S A MOVIE. THEY'RE ACTORS, WRITERS, DIRECTORS NOT SAVIORS AND PROPHETS. Mel Gibson was not there when Jesus got nailed to the tree. To say that "The Passion" is "my religion is a slap in the face. As I said to my mom and my younger sister (I love the complete lack of independent thought) "The Passion" is not dogma. God did not come down and make this movie, Mad Max did. Until the Pope says that this is dogma, the way it happened and that the lead singer from the Smashing Pumpkins is the devil, then, no, I prolly wont go see this movie. "It's your religion." God help me.

And then, when I bring up the points that my religion is in a church in the center of town, that actors and not Jesus Christ are on the screen, that the money isn't going to help the poor and sick, that it is going to the Cineplex and Mel, that it isn't Caltholic Dogma, that it is Mad Max's interpretation of the scripture, and that it's a freaking moving-picture; my family procedes to become angry with me. Arg. I can't express how frustrating this is to me. Riverside is a bubble community. I need to break out. Well, this was a rant. But I needed it. Is anyone else's family like this? Up, there goes that independent thought alarm. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home