Monday, August 30, 2004

Okay, I guess this is just more fuel for the fire, but I'm gonna write this anyway. I don't hate everything, I just judge all movies, all movies, by their aesthetic qualities, and not how entertaining the damn movie is. I'm sorry, that's just the way I look at at. So, everyone has been telling me for so long about how great this movie called the Boondock Saints is. People have even gone so far as to compare it to Pulp Fiction, which, in my mind, is a grave sin, cause if it isn't even close to the latter, I'm gonna hate on that alone. I watched the movie and I was shocked. I couldn't believe it. The movie was awful. It wasn't just bad, it was achingly bad. How could so many people love this movie? I decided to do some research. I rottentomatoes.com'd it, and I wasn't surprised by the results. It has a rating of 10% freshness. To show what this means, You Got Served got a 17%. So, at least the critics agreed with me. But what did the American public see in this film? I googled it. And I came up with this review.

The unknown action gangsta movie with no love interest attached. If it
wasn't for my girl friends who told me about it, I would never had watched it.
That's right I was recommended this movie by GIRLS. Even though it looks like
the ultimate masculine movie because of all the F* words, shooting and blood.
LOTS OF BLOOD.The brotherly love between the fraternal twins, Connor and Murphy
is so believable you don't need a girl to create "chemistry". They always have
each other's back and will do anything to keep the other alive. Now that's real
love.The directing is phenomonal. First they tell you a bit of the story and
then cut it to bring you to the crime scene and then rewind and show you how it
happened. If you hate hearing the F* word. Do not watch the movie. Every second
it's being used. Which brings the comedy to the movie because of its overuse.The
only known actor is Willem Dafoe, famous for playing many villians inculding
Spiderman's green goblin. His plays his character so well in the movie. He's
entertainment without action.The last bit of film during the credits really
brings you back to reality and gets you to think (because you really have no
time to think during the movie). How would you feel if you hadn't seen this
movie and the Boondock Saints were roaming your streets?

Oh. So that's why they love it so much. BLOOD and F*words. Oh, I get it now. Movies don't need acting, direction, dialogue, and a good story to make them good. They just need blood and swears. Gotcha. Makes sense now. I'm gonna go watch some real movies now.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo foo, I agree with you that Boondock Saints isn't a good movie, but that guy's review wasn't about the blood and f-word usage. He was talking about what he believed was great acting, directing, and chemistry between characters. So your comment about the public liking this movie because of blood and swearing wasn't backed up AT ALL by this guy's review.

Bash movies all you want (Gone With The Wind SUCKS!) but don't just take some random sentence out of one guy's review and use it to prove your point. That's prooftexting, man! And it's just wrong! What are you...some kind of fundamentalist Christian?

Rock-on, Sween-Dog

Regards,
The Colon-less wonder

1:32 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Damn. Okay, I really based my comments on what Tim Marco had said and not this review. I still think that it's crap though.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home