Tuesday, October 19, 2004


So I finished my paper on autobiographical comic books and caught a ride out to "town" to watch horror/romantic comedy, Shaun of the Dead. I don't think I've had that much fun at a movie since... well, since I saw Sky Captain a couple weeks ago. But forget about that, this movie is brilliant. Not everyone can pull of the romantic comedy set in zombie onslaught, but these guys pull it off. It's funny, disgusting, shocking and heart warming all at the same time. You feel for the characters, and the movie is able to change it's emotions like no other. Plus they use words like "engaged" and "twat." You can't beat that with a cricket bat.
Oh, zombie humor.
We then spent the entire car ride home, the walk home, and even a little bit of time in the dorms, discussing just how we are going to prep for the inevitable zombie attacks (We live right next to a cemetery, it's coming, we know it). I decided that my weapon (we only got to pick one) would be a razor sharp sense of humor, ie. the ability to dish out one liners like Bruce Campell. Seeing how this isn't a weapon, I picked pipe with a curve joint thing on it to catch the zombies in the face. That is, until Blanco blew our minds with his idea. You take a metal baseball bad and weld a curved axe blade on it. So you can crack heads and decapitate all at the same time. We are now more ready than we'll ever be. The question is...
Are you?
Not to take away from Shaun, I just wanted to post that I got my drawing portfolio back (it's our idea of a midterm) and I got the highest grade in the class, a 96. I guess I'm one of the best students in that class, which is not bad for a kid who only took 1 art class in high school. In your faces, Ms. Hickey and Ms. Senese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home