Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So last week, before the hell of this weekend, I went and saw the Comedians of Comedy Tour at the High Dive in Champaign. Patton Oswalt is one of my favorite comedians and Brian Possain is great on Mission hill so I was really looking forward to it. I made my friends get there early to grab a seat, as the High Dive had this on their website:
Also, please be aware that this is not a typical "sit-down" comedy show. There will not be extra tables and chairs (as per request of the comedians). They greatly prefer the bar environment so that it doesn't feel like a high school graduation.

They like their fans to be drunk and heckling them believe it or not!
We got there early and got good seats and pretty soon Patton Oswalt took the stage. Right off the bat he seemed upset and kept acting like something driving into his brain. I could tell that people were shouting things at him, but I didn't think it was as bad as he was making it. I guess it was. Read his post over here, and you find out just how bad it was.

I actually feel embarrased for being in that crowd.

On the plus side, it did introduce me to Eugene Mirman who is well on his way to being the funniest guy alive.

All in all, well worth the 15 bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home